• This course includes all the training you need to become licensed as a security guard in the state of New York
• The course takes place Wednesday through Friday of every week
• After your training is complete we arrange an in-person job-recruitment interview with security guard companies that are looking to hire immediately
• These interviews are held on Tuesday and Thursday of the week following your course completion
• Nearly all of our students who attend the job placement interview are offered a full-time job the same day
• Security Guards in the state of New York are some of the highest-paid in the country
• Highly in-demand, stable, full or part-time work
• Most security companies include benefits packages such as health insurance, vision, dental & retirement to name a few
• Excellent opportunities for advancement. Most security guards can be promoted to Supervisors in 6 months to a year with an average pay of about $19/hour
• Choose from flexible schedule options to fit your lifestyle
• Begin working in as little as 1 week
The first required course is the Eight Hour Pre-Assignment Training course. This is a general introductory course. Upon successful completion of this course, the guard is issued a training certificate. You will also need to complete the 16-Hour On-the-job training course within 90 days of submitting your application to be fully certified as a security guard.
This training must be completed each calendar year following completion of the 16 Hour on-the-job course.